I've talked about overpacking a couple of times before, particularly relating to our England trip last year. So as we prepared to leave on our three-month adventure to New Zealand and the Cook Islands, I decided to make an effort. Partially, in the hope that it would also inspire Yafei to travel leaner and meaner. Not that's she's a poor packer, but there's always room for improvement.
I Don't Want to be Hauling This Amount Again!
So my final packing list, which fits in a carry-on that will be checked, consisted of the following:
- A pair of lightweight walking boots;
- 7 pairs socks;
- 7 pairs underpants;
- 3 regular undershirts;
- A set of wool thermals;
- 4 wicking undershirts;
- 2 long sleeve hiking tops;
- 2 golf shirts;
- 2 pairs hiking pants (these convert to shorts);
- 1 hiking jacket and one fleece to layer;
- A pair of rain pants;
- A lightweight rain jacket;
- A beanie;
- A pair of insulated gloves;
- Two pairs of swimming trunks;
- Two hankies
Plus, the clothes I'm wearing on the plane, and a small army-style backpack (that doubles as a hiking pack) destined for carry-on packed with:
- Two laptop computers - one acts as a tablet and a computing device for Yafei;
- Travel documents;
- Battery toothbrush;
- Toileties including deodorant, aloe, sunblock, Deet, nail clippers and Neosporin;
- Phone and laptop chargers;
- USB/Ethernet adaptor, plus Ethernet cable;
- Lithium top-up battery for phone;
- Joy's Amazon Fire;
- Drinking bottle;
- Small medical pack;
- Tiny LED torch;
- Small Multi-gadget tool;
- Snacks for the plane.
Pretty Pleased with That!
Now, if the girls can keep their packing to one regular and one carry-on sized suitcase we should be golden. Next time, we're aiming for just three carry-one sized pieces of luggage.
Subscribe to this blog's RSS feed using http://our-gift-of-love.myshopify.com/blogs/news.atom.